Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to the norm - Michael Johnson
(11-15-2017, 12:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: IMO they don't need to invest in another TE, especially not early. Kroft is fine. Uzomah is a decent backup. And people forget about Mason Schreck who was put on IR.
In terms of safety, they have decent safety play and both Williams and Iloka are under contract through 2020. It's more reasonable to expect a mid-late round safety pick to add depth.
Alternatively, if the Bengals make some much needed cuts to some veteran players, they can bring in a quality interior OL via FA or even safety or TE.
That would remove one of those needs you speak of.

I'd like to see three OL selected within the first four rounds (five picks) and at least one DL (preferably DT). Save LB, DB, and offensive skill players to Round 5 or later.

I disagree about safety and TE. 

Kroft is a solid in line TE and is getting targets but he's not a receiver. I'm not sold on Uzomah I thought he was stiff in the draft and he hasn't don't anything to prove otherwise. 

(I wouldn't be upset if they resigned Eifert on the cheap. Eifert running those 5 and 10 yard outs against man coverage is ALOT different than Kroft.)

As for Safety they have Shaw as a tweener and Fej as the backup in the box safety. They lost Derron Smith as their backup centerfielder. Any way you slice it they have to draft a defensive back.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back to the norm - Michael Johnson - Synric - 11-15-2017, 12:57 PM