Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can ANY Coach Win Consistently Here?
(12-10-2017, 10:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, I've thought a lot about the build through the draft thing.

Basically rookie contracts are 4-5 years. When you don't sign free agents like the Bengals...you basically have to have atleast 3 good drafts over 5 years to remain competitive...and even that doesn't account for position. Because say you have a Guard that's going to leave after 5 years...you need to have another great Guard waiting to take over. Or even just adequate Guard. With the hit rate of 1st Round picks being around 50%...it's near impossible.

Thus, you have about 10 starters ranked Poor by PFF out of 22.

It's the Pittsburgh Pirates model of running a franchise.  Cry poormouth and convince your fans that they only want players that "want to be here" and not hurt your wallet while hoping you can catch enough short-term lighting in a bottle to make a playoff push.  I'm in Steeler country and to their credit most of my friends are also Pirates fans and even they admit that it's pretty ridiculous that they accept the notion that the Pirates...a professional baseball team...simply can't pay guys to play baseball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can ANY Coach Win Consistently Here? - Nately120 - 12-10-2017, 11:05 PM