Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can ANY Coach Win Consistently Here?
(12-11-2017, 12:40 PM)pally Wrote: Anyone who wants to be a head coach, and there are dozens of coordinators that do, know that they will end up at a "lousy" team for their shot at it.  They make that move anyway because head coaching is their goal.  They all also walk in the door thinking/knowing they will be the coach that turns things around.  Ego plays into job decisions too. Good teams are not generally replacing head coaches and if one retires that is almost always an in-house hire for his replacement.

Josh McDaniels was not ready to be a head coach yet when he worked for the Broncos.  I would certainly hope he has learned more in the years since then.  Don't forget that Bill Belichick when he was with the Browns wasn't the guru he is now.  I'm not saying that McDaniels is the answer for sure but I not willing to take him off the short list simply because of the Bronco experience

I don't disagree, but I think his failure as the Broncos' HC combined with the fact that he's with a team that is a SB favorite every year could combine to keep him away from here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can ANY Coach Win Consistently Here? - Nately120 - 12-11-2017, 01:06 PM