Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Lewis got full control would you be happy ?
Hard pill to swallow, but nobody really can see into the future, not even head coaches. They've seen how the Oline was really bad most of the season and suddenly the light goes on and the guys on the bench are playing much better than the guys who were the starters. Some guys practice better so they look like the sure lock so you run with them until the new kid knocks them off their perches..
I think that light went off the past few games. 
I doubt Marvin will be gone so I'm going to do like I always do and pretend to not be a fan anymore, but of course that's just bluster.
Nobody knows how Gruden will fare with the Raiders if hired. For all we know he'll fold like a cheap suit, but I think Marvin with the Bengals will at least get us back into contention. He may never get us over the hump, but they won't just roll over in Clevelandesque fashion..
Do I want a championship? Sure, absolutely, but there are no guarantees that any new regime will do one iota better especially with MB calling the important shots. In fact a new HC might just lose whatever control Marvin has gained over the years. I don't follow any team based on whether they won X amount of super bowls. I follow the Bengals and its because they for one reason or another entertain me. It's not the final score that drives my interest, it's the overall team and some sentimental drivel that does so I hate to say it, but I've become somewhat sentimental about Marvin to some degree. 
I'd love him to go out with at least one championship game and if not then oh well..I'm still going to enjoy the show. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Lewis got full control would you be happy ? - grampahol - 01-01-2018, 06:08 PM