Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scratch LT off the office the offseason need list
(01-02-2018, 01:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You don't NEED to extend Atkins/Dunlap/Dennard/Kroft right now, they are ALL under contract for '18. That means if you had done this last season, you would have gotten a much better team for both '17 AND '18.

Worry about '19 FA in '19.

By worrying about '19 FA, you have doomed your team to 3 straight losing seasons. But hey, at least you won't have to make some tough choices about who to keep in '19, because sure your team will suck, but at least you can pretend you have enough money to sign everyone. Right before you let 2/3rd of them leave, overpay the other 1/3rd, and preach about Model Model.

Keeping together a bad/mediocre team for all eternity is apparently somehow better in your mind than putting together a team for 2 years that can win a SB, having to make some tough choices for 2-3 years, before making another team for 2 years that can win a SB.

Here's a hint... your/the Bengals way hasn't worked for 27 years. Stop worrying about saving for extensions 2-3 years later. Worry about WINNING, because if that's not your #1 priority, in this league, then it'll never happen.

Then again, maybe your/their way will pay off. 28th time's the charm, I have (never) heard. Up there with (never used) sayings like 16th time's a charm for Lewis.

The issue with your view is you think signing these guys would guarantee a championship in a very limited number of years when it won't but it definitely will put them in a hell of alot tighter spot when the star players they do have on the roster come up in FA.

Me I think right now to be a playoff caliber team they need an Center and Left tackle.

Edit: Not saying I wouldn't like to see a big time free agent speckled in every so often. ( I wanted Brandon Marshall back in 2012 badly). I'd like to see them make a run at Jimmy Graham this year. But I understand they have to compete for those Free Agents too and Cincy will always lose that battle because of one fact....Jersey Sales.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scratch LT off the office the offseason need list - Synric - 01-02-2018, 01:50 AM