Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who here just doesn't care anymore?
I have times when I don't care and to be fair my life doesn't in any way revolve around football or the  Bengals. I've been through much much worse in my life. The season they knocked off the undefeated Chiefs I was in a homeless shelter in Texas. My life had really come unglued. The Bengals were the least of my problems at the time, but that game just happened to be on TV at the shelter and I was the ONLY person in the place rooting for the team and they pulled it off..
If I based all or even a fraction of my emotions on success or failure of this team I'd be a complete basket case even more than I am now. For me it's not much different than watching a movie I've never heard of before except that I have heard of the Bengals. I don't know how the next season will unfold so I'll pay attention until they bore me and I'll move on and find something else to occupy the space between my ears..
They had a pretty crummy season with a few good games and I'm still alive, I still have a nice place to live and I'm still arguing with the old woman over bs that doesn't matter a gnat. I suspect next year will be much the same unless she kicks me to the curb suddenly for being the jerk that I am.. 
By the way, in 2003 I hadn't paid any attention to football and didn't even know who Marvin Lewis was at the time. I had completely dropped out of paying attention. I do remember that game though and wondering who the black guy on the sidelines was that the camera kept panning in on.. lol 
We all metaphorically reinvent ourselves from time to time. The Bengals do as well. Someday Mike Brown will be gone, Marvin will too and we'll all look back, probably rather fondly at the memories. I even have one fond memory of my time in that crummy shelter that I got kicked out of..The Bengals game..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who here just doesn't care anymore? - grampahol - 01-04-2018, 12:06 PM