Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isaiah Wynn - Can he succeed at OT?
(02-08-2018, 12:18 PM)3wt Wrote: Sorry to get back to you so late on this.

I've had mixed feelings about Drew Boylhart (and all other draftniks) over the years.  He used to say that his whole thing was that he was the only one that watched film.

He doesn't say that anymore because everyone watches film now because of the increased availability.   And there's just an element of subjectivity in everyone's assessments:  PFF, Huddle Report, Bucky Brooks (and other former players and coaches), etc.   If it was an exact science there would be a much higher level of effective predictability.

It is fun to go back and look at previous assessments, and Boylharts are very much available as he archives his stuff.  And I was intrigued by this one.

The interesting point was that Drew felt that Boling's strongest performances were at tackle vs guard.  And while Boling has turned out as an above average guard, it would be interesting to see how he performs at tackle after a camp and sustained game exposure to that position.  Whit started off as a guard and grew into a really good tackle.   I think he had better potential physically than Boling does, but Boling might have quicker feet, one of the original knocks on Whit.

No one had a good day against Ziggy Ansah - who is a total beast.  And Boling had a much better day against Suggs who is not chopped liver, which makes me hope Boling was growing into the position.

We'll see.   I just thought it was interesting that his performance was much better than I thought in would be at tackle - especially in light of what Boylhart said in 2011.

I have no issues with the Bengals attempting to make a perma-move to OT for Boling.
But because of the uncertainty, it's why I actually would like Isaiah Wynn given he is practically in the same boat. Experience at both LT and OG.
Plug one at LT the other at OG.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isaiah Wynn - Can he succeed at OT? - ochocincos - 02-08-2018, 12:46 PM