Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a look at Smith before comments on Dalton
(08-28-2015, 11:26 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The argument isn't whether Smith is solid and if Dalton can be that.  The argument is can a QB like that take you all the way?  IMO, Alex Smith can't.  Not unless it's a once in century season where you assemble a legendary defense and completely avoid injuries.  I believe this was much more likely in a prior era.  Not in today's era of QB's averaging over 30 passing attempts per game, very offense-friendly rules and in playoff expansion.

That is why people question Andy Dalton.  And I'm a Dalton supporter and won't bash him, but it's not unfair to wonder if he can win a Super Bowl.

It's almost comparable to staying in a relationship with a girl you really, really like, but she isn't EVERYTHING you want.  Certain personalities and mindsets won't settle for that, even if it means a lifetime of searching for the right girl (rebuilding forever).  Others will stick with what is comfortable and ride it out until it's gone.

I understand where you're coming from, but Smith was their QB when they almost went into the Super Bowl but the 2 kick return fumbles by Kyle Williams cost them vs. the Giants. And when the Niners played the Ravens in the Super Bowl, Kaep was injected to do the same job as Smith that season- just manage the game and look for the occasional big play. 

But back to the point, I think its ok to label a QB as a game manager based on their talent. But that doesnt equal an issue on offense as long as the HC and OC understand it, create gameplan around that, and apply it in the game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Take a look at Smith before comments on Dalton - type_stripe - 08-29-2015, 12:17 AM