Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a look at Smith before comments on Dalton
(08-29-2015, 12:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Smith's big progression took place when he went from a lousy HC to a good one, so I can see one big reason this might not apply to Dalton.

Could be the case, I mean the Niners selected Smith 1st overall to be the savior for the franchise, the next man in line of the chain of Joe Montana and Steve Young. So there was hope. But the new HC could have selected a new QB (enter CK) to be the elite QB everyone wants to "take you there" (well now the coaching staff is pretty much new and the question marks around CK are becoming louder). CK was held to play the same type of game as smith under Harbaugh- manage plays and get the big gainer occasionally (except the Smith to Davis long ball became a CK run). But Smith isn't holding the coaches hand anymore. Reid wanted Smith for a reason, and considering their turn around from a 2-14 season I think it was a smart move. 

Now as for Mr. Dalton, I think if Hue and Marv stop covering their eyes & realize they have a pretty good game manager and nothing really more (Like Harbaugh's staff and Reid now) they'd be able to create a gameplan for the offense which Dalton felt comfortable in. Hill was a gem found a little too late to create the offense around it. Hue says it'll be a Pandora's box type of season for their offensive strategy, whatever that means. But maybe this season's strategy wont push Dalton beyond his limits trying to make something happen. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Take a look at Smith before comments on Dalton - type_stripe - 08-29-2015, 02:08 AM