Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a look at Smith before comments on Dalton
(08-29-2015, 03:21 AM)BengalChris Wrote: All of the top QBs in the league are good game managers, even if their QBing talent varies. Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Luck, Manning, Eli, Rothesburger, Wilson, Flacco, Ryan, Stafford, etc. Those are my top 11 QBs currently, in no particular order.

Cutler has a big arm, but sucks at managing a game because he let's mistakes bitter his attitude. I compare Dalton to Cutler more than any other QB currently in the league and wouldn't call him a good game manager for the simple fact that he looses his head when things go wrong.

Now there are far worse game managers in the league. RGIII, Kaepernick, Johnny Midget, Geno Smith and some others.

What concerns me more than anything is that Dalton isn't improving while many other teams have improving QBs. Tannehill, Bridgewater, Newton and Carr could all end up outplaying Dalton this year. Tannehill clearly did last year.

Bengals making the playoffs is far from written in stone. An on the rise Miami or San Diego is all it would take to knock the Bengals out.

Solid points. I see the elites as obvious game managers too but they have the extra umph to go beyond. But the thing I see when things go wrong on offense with the Bengals usually are associated with an increased load on Dalton. When things are running smoothly or even ok on offense Dalton is usually playing very well and is more likely to shake off a bad throw. 

San Diego seems like more of a threat to move beyond the bengals than Miami, IMO. I need to see more than one year of solid play to establish a QB has improved. I'm sure a bulk of us (me included) thought Dalton was poised for an amazing season last year coming off of his 2013 campaign. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Take a look at Smith before comments on Dalton - type_stripe - 08-29-2015, 04:15 AM