Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a look at Smith before comments on Dalton
(08-29-2015, 04:11 PM)type_stripe Wrote: But why does the QB's below average performance automatically equal no chance at big wins? In a team sport with 22 starters, if 1 player doesn't perform up to his expectations in a game, it is up to the other 21 guys to bust their asses to win. Regardless if this is a QB driven league or not, the team needs to perform. Not saying any QB can win, but a solid game manager under ceneter should be enough for the TEAM to be good enough to win, especially if there is talent spread across the positions.  

It doesn't equal NO CHANCE, but Flacco and Pig Ben, and pretty much any QB who has managed to win despite a crap performance has also managed to win in the post-season due to a good or great performance, so it happens.  You make your own luck.  Maybe Dalton can play like crap in the playoffs for his entire career and eventually win one, but he could up his odds by playing better couldn't he?

Again, Rex Grossman made it to a Super Bowl despite being a crappier QB than Dalton BUT he's also managed to be better than Dalton in the playoffs, as well.  The short of it is that any QB we can think of winning in the post-season despite a lousy performance has also played better than Dalton in the playoffs.  Ben, Flacco, Dilfer, Johnson, Grossman, Eli, Krapernick, Alex Smith...all had better post-season games than Dalton. Either as a whole, or on the individual level. Even Dilfer wasn't throwing 4 INTs a game while the Ravens literally dragged him across the finish line, though we like to pretend that was the case. Today's NFL and our team isn't designed to play with a QB who only throws the ball 16 times per game. If that's the goal then we need to make some significant changes.

Look, I'll bet my left nut that if we ever win with Dalton in the post-season it's going to be the game where he manages to throw more TDs than TOs and he has a rating above 70.  I'm not saying Dalton is the only reason we lose or win, but he might want to up his game if he wants to get that win just to play it safe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Take a look at Smith before comments on Dalton - Nately120 - 08-29-2015, 04:23 PM