Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers build thru Drafts but Top picks tend to take starting jobs sooner - Our flaw
(03-01-2018, 01:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Personal opinion is it should be Jackson and Dennard on the outside, Jones in the slot. DK should not have been re-signed, at least at the contract he got. That contract was a panic signing when Whitworth and Zeitler both left. But given DK was re-signed and won't be cut anytime soon and Jones has just a team option then UFA, I think it makes sense to decline the option.

They shouldn't pick up his option no its to expensive but letting his backup his last year and do some punt returns while still mentoring the young guys is a good idea. You can never have enough good corners. Like I mentioned in another thread there was a point in the season Jones Jackson and Kirkpatrick missed. 

Also I disagree about Dennard he is a nickle corner. He has slow feet and has stiff hips you don't want him matching up outside, but he is physical against the run and has good instincts inside. Yes I know he did play outside in college but alot of college corners move inside in the NFL. 

Edit: Like to clarify my orginal post it wasn't about 2018 or his team option was about him starting over WJ3 in 2017.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers build thru Drafts but Top picks tend to take starting jobs sooner - Our flaw - Synric - 03-01-2018, 01:38 PM