Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt
(08-30-2015, 11:28 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Because you simply don't understand the game, and your bias of Hunt is making it difficult for you to understand better.

There is context to these stats, in what manner did they transpire, against whom were they accumulated.

He was ineffective the entire time he was in there and the only time he showed up on the stat sheet was the usual "I can only go through you because I'm stronger than your backup ass!" He displayed zero technique that would help him against a competent player, and more importantly looks the same as he has the last 2 years

He's always been a preseason guy because he's in there's situations and people like you think it's him progressing as a player when it's the same old story that will inevitably translate to the same ineffectiveness when it counts.

People are excited about Carter because he's getting his numbers productively, he's bending around the  edge, he's fighting off blocks, he's actually using football awareness, which is a foreign concept to Hunt.

The only thing to be excited about Hunt is that he may just finally block a field goal this year, expecting anything more is fanatical.

OK, here goes the "you don't understand football" insults. What bias are you speaking of?  For me to have a bias towards Hunt, I would have to say I prefer him over someone else, right?  This entire thread is called "Chris Carter over Margus Hunt", but I said at least twice that I want Carter to make the team as well.  Good reading, or at least vocabulary comprehension.  Again, I AM FOR CARTER.  I just believe Margus can also help the team rotating at LDE with Dunlap....a completely different position than Carter.  Your own stat sheet showed that Carter had ZERO rushes from the left side. 

Hunt did not simply "bull rush" his guy on every snap, as you proclaim.  He was setting the edge and generating closing the pocket on that side on almost every snap.  The rest of the defensive line wasn't doing much of anything on a lot of the snaps when Hunt was in there. 

We can agree to disagree about what we are seeing in Hunt.  I believe that he is needed to rotate in with Dunlap at LDE and can be utilized in that role very well.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - Lqhybrid25 - 08-30-2015, 12:20 PM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - Nizoj - 08-30-2015, 12:41 PM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - Synric - 08-31-2015, 09:44 AM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - SHRacerX - 08-31-2015, 08:59 AM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - McC - 08-30-2015, 01:52 PM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - jj22 - 08-30-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - McC - 08-30-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - McC - 08-30-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - Okeana - 08-30-2015, 02:07 PM