Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yahoo Sports Has Derwin Falling To Us........
(03-20-2018, 03:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think you're confusing the Bengals with a team that creatively finds ways to get its players more snaps.
I think the reality is Derwin James would start off as depth behind Williams and Iloka, occasionally getting some reps to spell them.
The one constant has been Marvin, but we also haven't had a secondary coach as qualified as Daronte Jones or a coordinator like Austin who is as aggressive in his play calling and wants to have the defense going crazy.  I believe Marvin also realizes that we need to stop using vets just out of loyalty and comfort.  Being that Marvin knows it's time to win and put it all out on the field, you have to believe that he'll see what James can do and get him on the field.

Marvin would see that James is a lot better than Iloka and Williams and Austin and Jones would find ways to get him on the field, especially if Burfict is suspended for the first four.

(03-20-2018, 03:34 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This is where I really have a hard time pulling the trigger on James. I just don't see them drafting a guy they don't see starting next year. And with both Safeties under contract for next few years, I just don't see them having enough snaps for him. This off-season has kinda re-assured me they're putting a much higher emphasis on winning now, and I have to think that will continue thru the draft. 
Marvin's shown and stated, finally, that players won't have a spot just because they're adequate and that we're looking to have the best players possible on the field.
(03-20-2018, 04:36 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: as it should. IMHO

Why's that?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yahoo Sports Has Derwin Falling To Us........ - BFritz21 - 03-20-2018, 06:04 PM