Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Does Everyone Want A LB Early?! WASTED PICK!
(03-23-2018, 10:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Very true, but some people seem to think as long as you are a "good" LB you can be put at any LB spot in a 4-3, which is wrong (from my observations). A guy like Ryan Shazier is successful because he can be a free-flowing LB and best utilize his speed and athleticism, which is more what a 4-3 WILL does. I have my doubts a guy like Shazier would be successful in a 4-3 at MIKE or SAM.

It's kind of an over simplification of a 4-3. All 4-3 aren't created the same a 4-3 even front where the linebackers sit between each gap nice and squarely is what most people think of when they think 4-3. This does tend to be a little more interchangeable depending on what kind of coverage shells you like to run. If Shazier was in a 4-3 even he would be fine in any position, but when you start getting into over or under fronts things get a littler murky. I think Shazier can play Mike or Will in almost any scheme, I'd be most concerned about Sam because of the run fit responsibilities and his size.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Does Everyone Want A LB Early?! WASTED PICK! - Au165 - 03-23-2018, 10:40 AM