Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt
(08-31-2015, 08:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: OK, here goes the "you don't understand football" insults. What bias are you speaking of?  For me to have a bias towards Hunt, I would have to say I prefer him over someone else, right?  This entire thread is called "Chris Carter over Margus Hunt", but I said at least twice that I want Carter to make the team as well.  Good reading, or at least vocabulary comprehension.  Again, I AM FOR CARTER.  I just believe Margus can also help the team rotating at LDE with Dunlap....a completely different position than Carter.  Your own stat sheet showed that Carter had ZERO rushes from the left side. 

Hunt did not simply "bull rush" his guy on every snap, as you proclaim.  He was setting the edge and generating closing the pocket on that side on almost every snap.  The rest of the defensive line wasn't doing much of anything on a lot of the snaps when Hunt was in there. 

We can agree to disagree about what we are seeing in Hunt.  I believe that he is needed to rotate in with Dunlap at LDE and can be utilized in that role very well.   

Never once said you didn't like Carter, that was never a point. 

You have a bias towards Hunt, at least you're portraying one, when you're saying he did things that he didn't. He didn't consistently set an edge, most of the time he was drawn away from his gap. When the game comes back on I want to re-evaluate him as well but I know I'll see for the 2nd time.

Hunt will stay on the team probably because we're not using Clarke at LE and we don't have a backup there, the Bengals fault there. If/when he stays and potentially pushes the number of Dlineman to 10, more than likely there's only room for 6 linebackers, potentially leaving Carter on the outside looking in. 

Hunt and Carter will be potential determinants of who we carry an extra at and possibly only 1 will make it. If you want your best players on the 53, Carter deserves a spot more, if you wanna play draft status and keep worse players just because he takes snaps at LE, Hunt will make it.

This team right now is more fit to carry 5 DTs and 4 DEs contrary to 4 and 5. 5 and 5 is possible but again, Carter may not make it if that's the case.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - Lqhybrid25 - 08-30-2015, 12:20 PM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - Nizoj - 08-30-2015, 12:41 PM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - Synric - 08-31-2015, 09:44 AM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - Stormborn - 08-31-2015, 01:47 PM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - McC - 08-30-2015, 01:52 PM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - jj22 - 08-30-2015, 01:57 PM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - McC - 08-30-2015, 02:04 PM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - McC - 08-30-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - Okeana - 08-30-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: Chris Carter Over Margus Hunt - Benton - 08-30-2015, 03:03 PM