Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals schedule visit with Indiana LB Tegray Scales
(04-09-2018, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Reps, yeah Jewell definately looked the better of the two especially in taking angles, shedding blocks and stopping the run.

After i watched those two vids i watched Lorenzo Carter play against Notre Dame and came away very impressed. I am wanting
Carter in the 3rd now, he has that crazy length and he moves well in space, can stop the run, shed blocks and rush the passer.

If the Bengals are looking for a full-time SAM and occasional edge rusher because they have Preston Brown in their long-term plans, I agree on Carter.
However, I don't see Carter as instinctual enough to play MIKE or WILL. If the Bengals want a LB to replace either Brown or Burfict down the road, they will need to look elsewhere.

I think with a guy like Scales, you'll get a solid LB who will be a role player with a focus on containing the run, which really is what a SAM has been in the Bengals' scheme over the years. Jewell I think is better than Scales and would be a better replacement at MIKE. I'd prefer other LBs to either Scales or Jewell if looking for a speedy, sideline-to-sideline WILL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals schedule visit with Indiana LB Tegray Scales - ochocincos - 04-09-2018, 04:12 PM