Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIVE ME YOUR BENGALS DRAFT GRADES!
Overall, this draft is a B.

We drafted for immediate need which is great! Which is what we pretty much always wanted. Rookies starting from day 1 is another issue, judging from this organization's track record.

This year, it seems like we drafted for targeted impact players in the high need areas, but was always beaten to the punch 1 or 2 spots before our pick, every round. So we got the second best C (which I definitely can live with), The second best Tier 2 ball hawking CF free safety, other teams sniping a possible Tier 2-3 OL man before our pick. I could tell because of that cringe feeling I get when I see a possible target get selected a couple of spots right before our selection.

In terms of steals, I didn't feel like we had any this year. We picked guys exactly where they were slotted. (Hubbard, was not a steal despite what has been written by draft experts.)

We have so many 7th rounders that might not even make the team. Quality is better than quantity. We really have to package our low round picks better to move up and get the guys we really want.

My favorite pick is Price. He seemed to be the best run blocker of the 3 top centers, the quality that I prioritize the most.

So in summary. I wish the Bengals did better draft prep in terms of other teams predictions, were more active in packaging and trading up and even trading down. (Was really hoping the team would play around a lot in rounds 2,3, and 4.) Good job drafting to cover up obvious weakness with solid safe picks. B

Go Bengals.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIVE ME YOUR BENGALS DRAFT GRADES! - Yogo - 04-28-2018, 07:08 PM