Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Woodside Welcome to the Bengals
(04-28-2018, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Woodside is the all time passing leader at the University of Toledo.
Hey, 7th round and we get the all time leading passer for Toledo. Now Toledo has been playing football many, many decades.  I've seen them in Bowl Games. I even kind of remember Toledo in a Bowl Game around New Years Eve in early 1960's as a little kid.  So this guy being Toledo's all time passing and scoring leader is no small thing, just as Greg Cook being Cincinnati all time passing leader in 1969 was no small thing.  How about Ken Anderson out of Augustana. Were we not suppose to draft Ken Anderson because he came from Augustana.  How about Big Ben playing for Miami, not Miami Florida, but this University in Oxford Ohio by Houston Woods.  So think of Cook, Anderson, Big Ben not at the big major Universities when you rethink this Toledo All Time Passing Leader.  This means the guy can throw the football for yards and touchdowns.  If given half a chance, we might find he can really throw the ball in practice and preseason better than AJ McCarron did.   He is in competition and with starter Dalton we have about 4 Quarterback to bring to camp, maybe more after undrafted players added. 

I say Welcome to all time leading passer from Ohio Toledo. In our lousy Ohio weather of rain and snow he can throw the football in all weather to become Toledo all time passing leader.  The quarterbacks in draft considered over rated. This QB we took in 7 may be highly under rated. We may have got one of better QB's in 2018 Draft.  I always remember Notre Dame star Joe Montana was not concidered much in that draft when Bengals took the Throwin' Samoan in Round One over Joe Montana in later rounds, so was the top pick better, I don't hardly think so.  How great was top pick Johnny Manziel AKA Johnny Football. How about high picks Tim Couch and Akili Smith, Ugh, Yikes.  Johnny Unitas had no easy trip to NFL as he had to play Semi-Pro Football before getting an NFL chance.  Paul Brown told a young quarterback to forget football and pursue his life's work and he became NFL Hall of Fame Len Dawson.  So the fancy pants college QB is not always who makes it in the tough as nails NFL.  This kid from Toledo can flat out throw in lousy Ohio weather that we get in Cincinnati and he would not be the first under rated QB to make it in the NFL if he practices and learns and can flat out throw.  Bengals had a QB listed # 3 or 4 on their depth chart that when given the chance opened some eyes in Jeff Blake, you might remember.  Never forget Ken Anderson came from Augustana.  Welcome Logan Woodside, Toldeo Rockets Super Star QB. Again, I like that he was all time throwing leader for Toledo not just meaning he can throw, but that he can throw in this awful Ohio weather of wind, rain and snow because not all these West Coast Surf or Southern Sun QB's can. Ken Anderson was great bad weather quarterback, and I like guys who can play in the sloppy weather and still win. Last I saw, PB doesn't have a dome.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Logan Woodside Welcome to the Bengals - kevin - 04-29-2018, 02:48 AM