Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIVE ME YOUR BENGALS DRAFT GRADES!
(04-28-2018, 07:28 PM)yang Wrote: Here is PFF one of the most respected sources for the draft.  Latham loves to quote them.   They have Price the 10 rated center.   He tends to lunge at people and fall on his ass.   Stop acting like he is the next coming.  Last week on this forum NO ONE wanted him in the first round and everyone would have been okay if we got him in the second.  

Cognitive Dissonance is a powerful thing.   People are so tribal they will accept any player that jacks his girlfriend in the face with no questions.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-ranking-the-interior-ol-prospects-for-the-2018-nfl-draft

OK then,  let's take a look at PFF:

10. Billy Price, Ohio State – Center

Price is one of the rare offensive line prospects who can claim starting experience at all three interior positions. Offensive line coaches will love that, as well as the fact that he plays every snap like he’s out for blood. Price is as aggressive an offensive line prospect as there is in this draft.

Certainly NOT the 10th ranked Center in the draft, and I don't see anything about lunging and falling on his arse. They had Ragnow ranked as #2 OL, which seems a little extreme, and a LSU, Nevada, and Iowa Center ranked ONE SLOT above Price, none of which were ranked that highly by anyone else I know of. I personally am happy with "as aggressive OL prospect as there is in the draft". I guess my take is give these guys a chance, no one here knows much about anyone save the OSU draftees, and most OSU fans seem to like both of them. Nobody on here is an expert employed by the NFL that I know of, I myself thought they should have drafted a couple more OL prospects, but I too, am a Monday morning armchair coach which translates to not knowing all that much in reality. So, I'm going to give the new OL coaches a chance, and see what they can do, the last one had definitely worn out his welcome,IMHO. As for coaches not making a huge difference: see also, RAMS, Los Angeles 2017, among others. The right coach can and will make a difference, let's hope we have the right one! Whodey!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread