Poll: Should the Bengals have traded up past DET to get Ragnow?
Yes!
No, Price is fine and the extra pick(s) not worth giving up
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
If Ragnow was really the target at 21...
(05-07-2018, 12:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Interesting idea. So that would have likely meant no to Jessie Bates III, and it would have likely meant no to either Hubbard or Jefferson because of the lost 3rd round pick.
What Center (if any) would you have taken at 46 or later?

James Daniels, Isiah Wynn, and Will Hernandez (with the thought of moving Westerman to Center) would have all been solid choices, and had the Bengals given up their fourth (a pick we used on a RB?) to get a top tier offensive lineman AND Derwin James in the first round?  Yes, please.

Derwin James was the highest rated safety on both rush defense and pass defense his sophomore season before his injury his junior year, and again his senior year after his injury.  That kid is a standout talent, and an immediate impact player.  When he dropped to 17, I would have been looking to strike.  

You mentioned not needing JBIII in the second with James on board, I would have loved Duke Dawson, an immediate plug and play slot corner with attitude.  I had him in many of our mocks.  

For a player of James ability, I would have easily let go of Hubbard or Jefferson.  Just my two cents
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Ragnow was really the target at 21... - SHRacerX - 05-08-2018, 05:56 AM