Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work High.
I worked in a factory years ago where I ran a very large plastics extrusion machine, very close tolerance type stuff. When I started I knew absolutely nothing about how to do the job, but within a few months I was producing more very high quality plastics than the company had ever produced which of course made the owners very happy, but the other people who worked there highly resented me being the only white guy there other than the owner. Things equalled out later when the other employees jobs became much easier because they had to process the plastic. They made rolled flagging tape for the construction industry and also the tape police put up around crime scenes and so on. Before I started working there the previous extrusion operator produced crap, but nobody realized it was crap because they hadn't processed good quality stuff before. Long story short, I quit and went on to other crappy jobs then decided that if I was going to do crappy jobs I was going to do it for myself instead of taking sh** from some low level low life asswipe. Since then I've been self employed at various types of things, some profitable, some not , but I've never had to try to live up to some *****'s standards. 
I live up to my own standards and could care less what anyone else thinks other than my customers. Point being, don't be afraid to fail.  I guess that's the point . 
Anyway, sometime around the 90s I decided to work for myself and nobody else.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Work High. - HarleyDog - 07-01-2018, 06:18 PM
RE: Work High. - mallorian69 - 07-02-2018, 09:26 AM
RE: Work High. - Benton - 07-03-2018, 03:02 PM
RE: Work High. - fredtoast - 07-03-2018, 03:15 PM
RE: Work High. - Tiger Teeth - 07-03-2018, 05:28 PM
RE: Work High. - HarleyDog - 07-04-2018, 08:31 AM
RE: Work High. - Tiger Teeth - 07-04-2018, 10:22 AM
RE: Work High. - grampahol - 07-05-2018, 02:03 PM
RE: Work High. - CKwi88 - 07-05-2018, 02:08 PM