Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati Bengals Viewed as Top Landing Spot for Earl Thomas
(07-22-2018, 04:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Anyone else remember how well the secondary played with Reggie Nelson back there?  Would anyone else like to see a return to that sort of coverage competency and enforcement?

Great!  Let's daydream for a minute..

What exactly would it take to acquire Earl Thomas from the Seahawks?  The article says likely a 2nd round pick, and perhaps more.  

Here's what I propose:  Make an offer of George Iloka and the 2019 2nd round pick.  If they want more, throw in another late round selection.

What would it take to keep Thomas here for 3-4 years?  He's worth every bit of what Iloka and Williams make, combined.  That is a tough sell for the Bengals, who are rather reluctant to pay Safeties big money.  They seem more comfortable with giving that money to CBs and making do with cheaper at Safety.  However, with Bates on board, how long before he would make Shawn Williams expendable?

I'm struggling with putting numbers together that make sense , someone help me out here..

This makes a lot of sense the way you are describing the finances and who could be shipped out, but I don't think Thomas is the player we all remember from the Legion of Boom.  I liked watching Seattle, but I didn't get to very often.  I just feel like we would be buying a name on his past, not his future. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cincinnati Bengals Viewed as Top Landing Spot for Earl Thomas - SHRacerX - 07-23-2018, 07:00 AM