Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Geno And Dunlap Signed, Will We Go For O-Line FAs?
(08-29-2018, 08:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I just do not see them signing an O-lineman now. For one thing, there probably aren't going to be any released that are any better than what we have (not counting OGGIE), they would have to learn the system on the fly, and now since they have the Atkins/Dunlap deals done, they have to start looking at Dennard, Dalton and Green.... I really suspect we have our roster, and those on it are already here.

We picked up Jeff Faine 12 days before the start of the 2012 season, and he worked out alright. He was a Center too, which would be a more difficult transition than for a RT. You may be right about no upgrades being available, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there is. Talented players get cut for cap purposes all the time. Sometimes a younger/cheaper talent pushes an older/more expensive version off the roster. 

We've seen it ourselves recently. I'm sure Iloka and LaFell would be upgrades to many rosters. We are far from the only team that cuts players like that. We'll just have to see what pops up. If we're lucky, someone good will be there. Totally possible there won't be though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Geno And Dunlap Signed, Will We Go For O-Line FAs? - Shake n Blake - 08-29-2018, 01:05 PM