Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Geno And Dunlap Signed, Will We Go For O-Line FAs?
(08-31-2018, 02:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So it's not so much that we're up against the cap now, as it is we'll be up against it next year.

So we could've afforded both Andre and Michael Johnson this year, but we would've had to cut one of them next year (or someone else - theoretically).

As I said, I am no cap guru, just going by those two popular cap space sites.

I happened to read a Hobson article just after the extensions, and he said this in it :

"with deals rocketing the Bengals to No. 7 in cap spending for this season at about $186 million, according to various web sites" https://www.bengals.com/news/that-time-of-year

And that is true, as they are spending this season about $9 million over the the $177 mill season cap. But the current cap space (I am assuming) is from prior seasons carried over.

Another thing though is that the cap limit has been rising quite a bit last few years. 2015 $143 mill, 2016 - $155 mill, 2017 - $167 mill, 2018 - $177 mill. So next year it probably will go up somewhere near $8-12 million more.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Geno And Dunlap Signed, Will We Go For O-Line FAs? - Millhouse - 08-31-2018, 03:25 PM