Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Geno And Dunlap Signed, Will We Go For O-Line FAs?
(08-31-2018, 04:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: I focused on tackles because it tends to be the barometer of offensive line quality coming out of college. If you read much on the draft they tend to use the tackle class to grade overall O line quality. As to the quality of linemen coming in check the bust rate on the last 5 years, it has exceeded historical numbers. If you do a quick google search you will see it's a commonly agreed upon that offensive line quality has degraded substantially over the last 4 or 5 years.

I will say this coming class could be one of the best in 4 or 5 years though as far as Tackles go. Back to the topic, no I still do not believe there will be offensive linemen floating around that will be better than what we have. I understand history, I am telling you what the reality today is. I'd love to be wrong, but we will see this weekend I guess.

You seem to be moving the goal posts on me. First you said to look at the drafts as a sign of linemen quality. You said teams aren't taking as many linemen/tackles. Then I show you that teams are taking just as many linemen/tackles and now you want me to google someone's opinion.  Jerry

Whether or not a guy is available or not this weekend doesn't prove anyone right or wrong really. Like I said, the players released vary by year. It's far from a guarantee that any decent RG's or RT's will be available this time. It's also far from a guarantee that we'd pursue them even if available. 

Fwiw, the Cowboys just traded for a Guard from KC with 5 starts under his belt. Hard telling if that guy would be an upgrade, but I guess we'll see what our right side is made of soon enough.

(08-31-2018, 04:17 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Have to be careful with those numbers - 'spending' dollars does not mean they all hit the cap in the year spent

Yup.  ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Geno And Dunlap Signed, Will We Go For O-Line FAs? - Shake n Blake - 08-31-2018, 06:43 PM