Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Mixon Produce Behind This Line?
(09-04-2018, 01:15 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm really struggling with this and whether or not Mixon can do anything behind this offensive line.

A BIG reason why it's bugging me so much is that, tomorrow, I have the fantasy draft with my best friends.  Pride, dignity, respect, self-respect, and glory are all on the line.

I have the #6 pick and I'm going to take Kamara in the first, and I'd take Mixon in the second if the right side of our line could block a team of nuns, and I'd take him without hesitation if he made it back to me in the third.

Will our line be decent enough to allow Mixon to have a big year?  It's PPR, and I like what he offers as a receiver, but our line doesn't block for shit for him.  

Should I take Kamara in the first, Dalvin Cook in the second, or (Gronk if Cook's not there)?

I doubt that Mixon makes it to the third since everyone in this league is from Greater Cincinnati, but it's possible.
Most NFL teams of late use many running backs in a game.  Even Collins and Howard and Ajayi and Elliott get pulled to bring in other runners or pass catchers.   I look for Mixon but I also look for a lot of Bernard and whoever our 3rd back is.   I do not look for it to be all Mixon as in days of Benson or Rudi or Dillon.  The game has changed.  Teams use as many as 3 running backs.  Washington certainly does. So did Super Bowl Eagles.   The days of a Jim Brown in there most of game, that is kind of not the way it is now.  These coaches really move players in and out now.  Short yard runners.  Up the gut runners. Outside runners.  Pass catching runners.  Pass blocking runners.  Coaches just move them in and out. 

Of course I want O Line to be better, and I think it will be. They at least tried this off season. They didn't even try last off season with Mike Brown saying, " Why should I pay a guard ". He said same thing when he let Montoya leave. You would think the franchise quarterback getting blown up would explain why you pay blockers. I think Bengals learned and did try to get blockers this year, unlike last year. The big loss was Whitworth, and the tackle from Buffalo brings a Whitworth type resume, so he should replace the aging Whitworth.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Mixon Produce Behind This Line? - kevin - 09-06-2018, 11:06 AM