MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Takeaways From NFL Opener and Relation to Bengals
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Takeaways From NFL Opener and Relation to Bengals
Hey guys, did anyone else watch that boooooring Eagles Falcons game? There were a few things I noticed that I think will effect the Bengals this year.

1. The rules are far gone from where they were. Balls that were incompletions in previous times were rules completions. Calls that would have been overturned in the past stayed the way they are. The refs were letting the calls on the field stand in 80% of the cases I felt. As I watched I wondered, will this hold true for the Bengals? or is the game even MORE in the ref's hands now?

2. I realized (once again) that even if you have a bunch of weapons, defenses can still find a way to stop you. The Falcons have always been a 'mirror' team for us IMO. They have all sorts of weapons at WR and RB (sound familiar?) but could not open any holes against the Eagles and thus looked pretty stagnant on O outside of Julio Jones.

3. Gadget sweepy plays rarely work against good defenses. I would rather we stayed away from the Ross/Boyd Jet Sweep looks. I don't think they help your team any, just my opinion. In fact, running to the outside seems doomed from the start against a good front 7 like the Eagles

4. Depending on Jessie Bates play, the game week 4 against the Falcons could be difficult. Julio Jones looked unstoppable. Will be interesting to see if WJ3 and Bates can keep him in check

Anyone else watch and notice anything worth mentioning?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Takeaways From NFL Opener and Relation to Bengals - GreenCornBengal - 09-07-2018, 09:15 AM