Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This team just feels....different
(09-14-2018, 09:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We shall see.  2 scary wins thus far reminds me more of 2009 so far.

(09-14-2018, 10:15 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Scary? Nah. Nervous moments? Sure. But what nfl game doesn’t have those? If not for a ticky tac PI call that put the ball on the 1 and a 3rd down prayer pass down the middle that Bates more often than not will either knock down or pick, the game isn’t even that close. Not to mention the amazing John Brown TD with Dre blanketing him. Nine times out of ten coverage like those two plays nets an incompletion. Granted, you can’t take those away but I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that all those plays, while very nice plays, were borderline fluke. For all intents and purposes, this was a dominating performance by the bengals.

Enjoy it!

I see both sides. Yeah it was a dominant performance...in the first half. They didn't manage to bury the Ravens though, and closing out teams after getting a big lead has always been an issue for Marvin Lewis teams. To the OP, I was thinking about the "different feeling" last night. It's funny how fans can all get that feeling at the same time. That said, we've felt that way before. 

Namely...

2005 with Palmer/Chad/Housh
2006 when we started 3-0 (beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh) and had national media singing our praises prior to a beat down vs Patriots
2009 with the cardiac cats and sweeping the Steelers (only time in 16 years under Marv)
2013 when we went 8-0 at home
2014 when we started 3-0 and had the national media singing our praises prior to a beat down @ Patriots
2015 when we started 8-0
2016 when we were a trendy SB pick prior to the season.

Not going to lie, I'm enjoying where we're at. Just have to wonder if it will ever lead to success in the biggest games of all.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This team just feels....different - Shake n Blake - 09-14-2018, 01:44 PM