Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For everyone else in the Carolinas...
(09-16-2018, 09:08 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’m not implying that any of you are guilty of this, but I’ll never understand the people that stay in their homes risking their families lives when an evacuation has been mandated. I live in Florida about 2 miles from the gulf to the south and less than a quarter mile from the bay to the north and if that thing was barreling towards me like it was the east coast my wife and I would have been leaving no questions asked.

My heart aches for any who have lost loved ones and everything they’ve worked so hard to acquire. To everyone in or near the storm, stay safe out there.

There are multiple reasons that people stay at their homes through major storms.  A big reason, the media often over hype's many of these weather events to be bigger than they actually are.  For many, it's simply a matter of resources, not having the money to leave town and stay in a motel for a significant period of time.  For some, it's love of their homes.  Looting is a very real thing that occurs in weather events.  For some others?  Just plain stubbornness.  As in, "We've survived through X number of storms, why should this one be any different?"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For everyone else in the Carolinas... - SunsetBengal - 09-16-2018, 11:17 AM