Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why exactly do we need John Ross to be good?
(09-26-2018, 04:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why do we NEED his speed out there? Do the Steelers have a guy that has blazing speed that just opens everything up for them? Do the Chargers? They have AB and JuJu, that's comparable to AJ and Boyd in my opinion. The Bengals also have a better tight end a better running backs. Ross' speed is a luxury. If the Bengals can't figure it out with the weapons they have (excluding Ross) than that's pathetic. 

I kinda understand your point, but I think you are underestimating how fast AB is. He is fantastic at changing speed during the game, and WILL blow by you if you don't respect it. I don't think AJ has quite that level of explosion, and doesn't use it as well. That's why he struggled without a speedster on the field. 

You want a guy like Ross to work because it opens to so much potential for your offense. Look at what the Chiefs are doing right now. It is the scariest offense I have EVER seen. So much trickery and speed, lead by Tyreek Hill. If Ross can mold into something like that, we can come closer to an offense as explosive as theirs. 

You can also look at the Patriots right now too. They got Josh Gordon because they lacked that speed, and were filled with slot guys who can't separate. They knew that if they wanted to beat the Jags in the playoffs, they need that. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why exactly do we need John Ross to be good? - thillan - 09-26-2018, 04:48 PM