Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why exactly do we need John Ross to be good?
Frankly we don't need him and we don't even need him on the field to be a good offense. He doesn't run routes well enough to be a decoy. In reality, a WR who actually runs a route and catches the ball well is a better decoy because at least he's a viable option.

Ross might catch a bomb or two this season, but that doesn't really compare to a guy who can make consistent catches and yards. I'd rather we moved the chains than threw the ball up for grabs. Besides, Ross has already cost us more than he's put up.

So far this year he has 5 catches for 27 yards for a 5.7 yards per catch average. If you combine the three games he appeared in last year, he has 5 catches for 27 yards and 1 TD, 2 runs for 9 yards and 1 FUM over 6 games played. That's dismal. It's extra-dismal when you consider he's suppose to be a deep threat.

The plays I was able see from last week, Ross seemed lost and on the one INT it looked like he didn't even see the ball coming. He wasn't getting separation either. He should be getting separation by running correct routes combined with his speed. I don't get it. I don't get how he can look so bad.

I'm now hoping he's embarrassed enough that he shows up to play and puts up a good game. Of course, that's just pure hope and not based on anything I've seen with my eyes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why exactly do we need John Ross to be good? - BengalChris - 09-26-2018, 11:21 PM