Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why exactly do we need John Ross to be good?
(09-26-2018, 11:33 PM)thillan Wrote: So you think John's speed that is forcing the attention of the safeties in every game has done NOTHING to help Boyd? Boyd has a ton of space when he catches the ball... did he get faster? I love Boyd too and love his improvement, but he's also benefitting from John.

Tyler Kroft did pretty well as a replacement for Eifert. And Uzomah has done well, but he's not blowing the roof off. 

But again, it's fine if people want to take him off the field. We will just come back here complaining about our passing game again.

If there are no injuries, i don't see anyone having any reason to complain any time soon. Speed alone won't cause a coordinator to overcompensate for a guy. If that speed causes people to get burnt, that will cause a coordinator to start shading another way. I honestly don't know how much of an effect Ross has had. I haven't really gone back and looked at who was running what when someone else caught the ball, but it's not unreasonable to say he has had some kind of effect. 

He just needs to calm down and start finishing routes. Every game, every.single.time.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why exactly do we need John Ross to be good? - rfaulk34 - 09-27-2018, 01:26 AM