Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why exactly do we need John Ross to be good?
(09-28-2018, 07:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't think Ross has developed the Pro football mentality yet, that is all.

He has a football body just as much as Tyreek Hill does. Ross is a buff dude.

Don't understand anyone saying Ross doesn't even resemble a football player at this point. Not true IMO.

I agree with everything you said after that for sure 3wt. But sometimes players need to develop that Pro football mentality.

Took awhile for Chad and Housh as Ocho shown in the direct quote above yours.

It's all about the football mentality. That's like 90% of the game. How many times have we seen a guy, with lessor physical traits, just be a damn good football player. Physical traits don't make the football player, it's the approach to the game and understanding it and the love of contact. Yeah, you've gotta be big enough and fast enough, but if the guy doesn't know where he's going and isn't 100% certain about that, then someone else is going to beat him there no matter how much faster he is.

Take Burfict for example. There has to be 90 LBs out there who can beat him in the 40, but he'll beat most of them to where the balls going to be.

I hope Ross does well. I really, really do. But until he actually does it in games that count he's going to be the guy who isn't doing it. Only he can change that. Every game counts for a lot. Every drive counts for a lot. So Ross is going to have to gain the coaches confidence to see the field much. We can't throw to him to get him going when we are behind and he's f'n it up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why exactly do we need John Ross to be good? - BengalChris - 09-29-2018, 12:16 AM