Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why exactly do we need John Ross to be good?
(09-28-2018, 07:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, not every WR is AJ Green or Julio Jones that is for sure. But Ross's draft status is something some will always
talk about here. Wasn't Chad a 2nd round pick and Housh a 7th rounder? But we do need to have patience with a
young, raw, talented guy like Ross no question.

I guess i am just sick of hearing people trash Ross and want him to step it up and prove them all wrong.

Pronto, but hey, i need patience as well with this. Should have a great chance for his breakout game this weekend.

Yea, Chad was pick 36 in the 2001 draft. However, I don’t get too caught up into when they were picked because players go earlier or later than what their talent suggests they should go all the time.

Remember, Lawson and Willis were projected top 50 players in the draft and ended going in Rd 3-4. On the flip side, most analysts had Nick Vigil rated as 4th-5th rounder but Bengals took in Rd 3. We heard rumblings that it was because GB was going to take him before the Bengals could in Rd 4. I bring this up because we knew going into draft night that the Bengals liked Ross. And both Williams and Davis went off the board before pick 9, so the likelihood of Ross falling probably wasn’t likely. So given the Bengals had interest, they didn’t want to risk missing out on him and took him at 9. Even trading back could have risked missing out.

As long as a player becomes a good player in the league, it doesn’t really matter what round they were drafted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Why exactly do we need John Ross to be good? - ochocincos - 09-29-2018, 09:40 AM