Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why exactly do we need John Ross to be good?
(09-29-2018, 02:34 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Agreed without pretty much all of this; I would also add dude has a TD and a key third down conversion that lead to another TD this season. For some reason that gets under looked

People need to relax it's only been 6 games for him and it's not like he is getting a ton of looks either.

Yeah, it is not like he hasn't done anything good. Eventually, with experience he should gain that Pro football mentality.

Takes awhile with most WR's. Like i said, not every top 10 WR is AJ Green or Julio Jones.

Lots of them take time and some don't ever do much.

Look at Treadwell in Minny who Zim is looking at with a furrowed brow. Kevin White in Chicago was a high pick.

Think Ross has already had more of an impact here and he is younger and with much more potential.

(09-29-2018, 09:40 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea, Chad was pick 36 in the 2001 draft. However, I don’t get too caught up into when they were picked because players go earlier or later than what their talent suggests they should go all the time.

Remember, Lawson and Willis were projected top 50 players in the draft and ended going in Rd 3-4. On the flip side, most analysts had Nick Vigil rated as 4th-5th rounder but Bengals took in Rd 3. We heard rumblings that it was because GB was going to take him before the Bengals could in Rd 4. I bring this up because we knew going into draft night that the Bengals liked Ross. And both Williams and Davis went off the board before pick 9, so the likelihood of Ross falling probably wasn’t likely. So given the Bengals had interest, they didn’t want to risk missing out on him and took him at 9. Even trading back could have risked missing out.

As long as a player becomes a good player in the league, it doesn’t really matter what round they were drafted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well as usual i agree Ocho, just saying that others get caught up in where a player is drafted, just look at the thread lol
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why exactly do we need John Ross to be good? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-29-2018, 03:06 PM