Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This defense is a major concern...
(10-02-2018, 07:44 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I truly believe that WJ III is directly affected by Austin's scheme.

It wouldn't surprise me. Players are playing very off the receivers and there's been more soft zone than press coverage. Each of those slant routes for the TD against WJIII, no press. He played off

(10-02-2018, 08:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree Wolf it's been awful

On the last Atlanta TD dre get roasted alive ! He bites on a stutter step and the receiver takes off and dre is left grabbing air. I don't know if he was expecting help over the top or what ?

I bring this up because many times after a play you can see the DB's looking dazed and confused staring at each other with those giant question marks in front of their faces.

I hear people blaming it on the new rules but is that really what it is ??? Our pass rush hasn't been getting that much pressure anyways. And how does the new roughing the passer rule affect the lack of coverage right from the start of the play ? You see guys running uncovered off the LOS because two DB's are running with the same receiver.

I think our problems lay more with confusion in coverage than they do the rules.

I think he got beat. It seemed like they had single safety help over the top, but he was near the middle of the field. Dre got beat on that, hard.

For sure. I remember the first game where Ebron got behind the defense and there was no safety there, just him against the LB. And you saw the frustration on that play.
This week there were similar issues. There was one play where no one was on Sanu in the slot on a crucial 3rd down play.

I'm not sure if it's scheme or miscommunication, but something needs to change soon.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: This defense is a major concern... - wolfkaosaun - 10-02-2018, 10:13 PM