Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank You for the Sense of Urgency
There sure are a lot of interesting comments on here, pro and con!

In my OP I posit the Front Office’s unusually aggressive — for them — moves are made by using sound strategy. Of course, I’m perfectly willing to entertain the opposite possibility. These moves may have been made out of pure desperation.

However, I don’t think so. Also, I believe it is important to remember that these moves are measures meant to get the team through the season and into the playoffs. I do not for one moment think these are permanent solutions which will extend into 2019 and beyond.

Once the season is over I suspect the Front Office will take a fresh look at things. Obviously, the Bengals need a head coach and offensive coordinator who are not one and the same person. The potential pitfall I see is this: Marvin Lewis may prove to be the best defensive coordinator the Bengals have ever had. If that’s the case, then the Front Office truly has a dilemma. Is Marvin retained as head coach, defensive coordinator, or what?

It would be highly unusual for a head coach to step down and assume a coordinator position in the NFL and in this case, this would be a most unselfish act on behalf of Marvin Lewis.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thank You for the Sense of Urgency - Fan_in_Kettering - 11-13-2018, 08:17 PM