Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Are Worst Defense In NFL
(11-12-2018, 12:08 AM)kevin Wrote: The TV announcers say it. The Stats show it.  The Bengals are the worst defense in the NFL.  

After this game some will complain about Andy Dalton, but I tell you the best quarterbacks ever could not have won today.  The Saints never had to punt and never came close to punting.  The Bengals defense never made a defensive stop the entire game.  So as the Saints scored every time they had the ball, the Bengals offense that started well had no chance thanks to our lousy defense.

I often try to see upsides and I get called a homer. There are no upsides. The defense is too bad to win and that is with or without Burfict.  Since year after year Burfict sits out more games than he plays in, this year is no exception.  The linebackers are awful with or without Burfict and the defensive backs are probably worse.  Today it looked like Brees and Saints ran and threw the ball right to Bengals # 36 Williams on purpose because he never comes close to making a good play.  Williams on the field is the same as only having 10 men on defense.

The Fans are upset with Austin and now in later part of season, I agree.  Marvin Lewis is suppose to be the great defensive guru.  I now see that our best years under Marvin were due to having Vikings head coach Zimmer and Redskins head coach Gruden.  

So many, many, many more changes needed in off season. It does look like time for Marvin Lewis to go.  Austin needs a quick exit and the fans are right on that.  Bengals need a whole new defense.  Burfict will just miss most games from here on out, so dump him also. They are all to slow and no talent. None of them can tackle.  There is a Vince Lombardi clip where he complains about " grab, grab, grab ".  The Bengals are worse because they don't even grab, in fact they seem afraid of getting hit.

Bengals last year had the worst O Line in NFL.  This year the worst defense in NFL.  So Bengals are unable to block and tackle and that greatly lowers any play-off hopes.  I don't know where the Bengals go from here, but right now they are pretty bad.  There were many of us who wanted Zimmer kept on as the Head Coach, and the Fans are looking right on that one.   Marvin Lewis who is suppose to be the great defensive master has the worst defense in the NFL, the players they draft or add are way to slow.  Marvin Lewis now has to go, and any changes the new Head Coach makes brought in for 2019.

I repeat, I am the team homer from old Bengals.com and this site.  So if I am saying this, it is like President Johnson losing Walter Cronkite, because I have always supported Bengals when others didn't.  This team is just too bad to be good.  You win with Blocking and Tackling and Bengals have been weak in both areas.  If you put Big Ben, Rivers, Brady, Brees or any QB on this team they couldn't win either.  Not without Block and Tackle.

There is no quick fix band aid for this team, it has too many weaknesses.

The defense was horrible. Dalton wasn't much better though as he only had 12 completions. Sure he could not have won this game, but he sure could have moved the offense a lot better than he did. AJ Green's affect on the score and offense sure does show itself when he's not out there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengals Are Worst Defense In NFL - kevin - 11-12-2018, 12:08 AM
RE: Bengals Are Worst Defense In NFL - McC - 11-12-2018, 10:19 AM
RE: Bengals Are Worst Defense In NFL - McC - 11-14-2018, 12:48 PM
RE: Bengals Are Worst Defense In NFL - BengalChris - 11-15-2018, 02:37 PM