Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this team have any pride left?
(11-25-2018, 11:22 PM)samhain Wrote: Listening to the broadcast and reading comments form the Browns before the game, it's pretty apparent that Cleveland wanted to shove this loss in the faces of the Bengals and their coaches.  They most certainly did.  From pregame trash talk to handing Hue the football after the INT to Peppers taking a victory lap in our house, they made sure that the players on the Bengals roster knew that they had zero respect for them.

The Bengals get a chance to go to Cleveland and avenge this loss and humiliation.  They probably have no shot at the playoffs.  They may get to face Cleveland with AJ, Cordy, Vigil, Dre, etc.  That's a big difference from what the Browns faced today.  

Does this team have any pride left?  Will they fight or will they lay down when the time comes to see this team again?  Will they assume the passive demeanor of their HC and his sidekick (who chuckled it up after getting curb-stomped by the team that just shitcanned him)?  I sure as hell hope not.  I hope there's something left in them resembling a spine after what transpired today.

They have always played hard under Lewis before ..even when things were going pretty badly.

This time i'm not so sure. Hearing the same message over and over from Lewis must eventually fall on deaf ears??

The defense is an absolute mess and i'm not sure if its lack of pride or they just have no clue what they are meant to be doing out there.

I swear Burfict is going to do something really stupid soon, the likes of vets like Shawn Williams are throwing their hands up after multiple plays as if assignments are still getting blown, Geno of all people pushes a guy in the back after the whistle- draws a penalty then smiles about it.

I cannot see them turning results around this season but they sure as hell need to find some backbone and fight because if they play like this again vs Browns and Steelers they will be giving them the mental advantage for next year too...
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does this team have any pride left? - sonofstat - 11-26-2018, 11:23 AM