Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro Football Focus dive: Cleveland Browns Mayfield's rise, Cincinnati Bengals Glenn's
(11-29-2018, 05:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't think that it's fair to judge the rookie just yet.  The entire point of naming him the starter from day one, was to develop consistency.  With the injury early in the year, and missing 6 weeks as a result, you might say that development had to start over again.  I'm not making excuses, because he's been far from stellar.  I just want to remind everyone that DeCastro also looked rather shaky his rookie season, and look how he turned out.

As for Cordy Glenn?  I think you cut your losses with him, at the end of the season.  He's not a franchise LT, and now is looking barely average.  With the team now looking to draft in or near the top 10, you almost have to start thinking LT with the 1st round pick.

You're not making excuses for Price. Just reasons why he, as a rookie, will make mistakes during his first year, and fewer next year etc. Some here may remember that Boling went through the same thing when he came into the league. It is reasonable to see this.

I think the team needs to look for a better starting LT in FA, and cut Glenn loose if that happens. If not, draft the best LT possible, and develop him in '19 behind Glenn (assuming his back issue goes away). Same for RT, though the odds are not in our favor of finding two decent tackles in the same off season. Hell, we haven't found one in going on 4 years .... 

If we don't see this, our offense won't improve one iota beyond what we see now, with the possible exception of better TE play. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pro Football Focus dive: Cleveland Browns Mayfield's rise, Cincinnati Bengals Glenn's - wildcats forever - 11-29-2018, 07:13 PM