MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Which players would you keep?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which players would you keep?
My question to you:

If we were to start from a blank canvas next year, which players would you keep given their draft spot?

For example, would you rather keep AJ Green and have him on the team next year, or would you rather have a first round draft pick and have the opportunity to replace him? Would you keep John Ross or would you rather have ANOTHER first round pick?

Assume the Bengals get a spot in the draft next year for EVERY one of their players at the position they were previously taken.

If you value a guy more than the draft pick, then you would say you are keeping him. This isn't based on age/how many years they have been in the league or taking their future into account...its purely based on what they have done for the Bengals and their ability RIGHT NOW. Also, lets ignore the undrafted guys (Burfict).

These are the guys im keeping:
AJ Green - First round pick
Joe Mixon - Second round pick
Geno Atkins - Fourth round pick
Tyler Boyd - Second round pick
William Jackson - First round pick

Notables I would not keep:
Andy Dalton - Second round pick
Carlos Dunlap - Second round pick
Dre Kirk - First round pick
Billy Price - First round pick
Gio Bernard - Second round pick
John Ross - First round pick

If the Bengals were to redraft next year, I would be fine with them giving up the above players to gain those spots in the draft and the chance to redraft players.

I think this little exercise shows you just how depleted we are and just how much talent we actually lack. We have first and second round picks on the team that haven't been playing like it this year. The fact that I would only keep 5 guys on this current roster compared to their draft position value is staggering.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Which players would you keep? - WeezyBengal - 12-04-2018, 11:30 AM
RE: Which players would you keep? - McC - 12-04-2018, 07:07 PM
RE: Which players would you keep? - Tomkat - 12-04-2018, 12:03 PM
RE: Which players would you keep? - kevin - 12-04-2018, 12:10 PM
RE: Which players would you keep? - Okeana - 12-04-2018, 12:38 PM
RE: Which players would you keep? - Synric - 12-05-2018, 04:06 PM
RE: Which players would you keep? - McC - 12-05-2018, 09:02 PM
RE: Which players would you keep? - McC - 12-05-2018, 04:47 PM