Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-28-2018, 06:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  I don't know why a perfect pass from the 10 yard line should be worth less than a perfect pass from the 49 yard line.  Why should field position determine how well a QB throws the ball?

2.  None of the formulas you propose take into account field position so that means they are all just as flawed.

I don't see your point.

Every throw should measured by distance and points produced.  Every 30 yard throw all the way to 100 yard throws are measured and the points produced should be calculated. We're talking deep throws over 30 yards.

In my example, two throws of the same distance, from almost the same field position, 51 yard line  and 50 yard line, produce a 3% points difference and 30%  rating difference. 

Now not every throw would produce that 10 fold difference , but the fact is that the throws that produce td's get a huge rating boost compared to throws that almost produce a td , around 6.7 points. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread