Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I know what might be really hindering this franchise. ( I might be wrong)
(12-29-2018, 05:50 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The patience of the fans of this team playing in a stadium funded by taxpayers money is beyond the realm of sanity.

Just because franchises like the Browns and Lions exists don't give the ownership a pass.

If anyone being a fan, player, media or onlooker can't see that... they're an idiot.

Taxpayer funded stadiums were the standard when PBS was built.  It would be different if the current standard of privately funded stadiums was in place at that time.  Hamilton County broke the Riverfront lease when they fell behind on concession payments to the team, which gave Mike all the leverage he needed to get a taxpayer funded stadium before the tide turned.  The County built an insanely overpriced PoS stadium.  Look at other NFL stadiums built around that time.  Raymond James Stadium in Tampa was like $190 mil.  Baltimore's stadium was like $225 mil.  Cleveland's was around $275 mil.  PBS was $450 mil and is worse than all of those.  People keep using this as a rationale, but they should really be blaming the politicians.  They've broken the PBS lease on multiple occasions, too.

I'm not giving ownership a pass at all.  Mikey should step down.  Katie should hire a GM and clean house on the coaching staff.  Hiring a GM and replacing Marvin are the two biggest things they can do to change the culture.  My point was that we are part of the problem.  We are not the whole problem.

Do you think any player would read this board and be like "Yeah...I want to go there and do my best to win for those guys.  They're so entitled compared to other NFL fans because that stadium cost them a 1/2 cent on the dollar sales tax increase.  I think it's great that they won't show up to support me or the team even when we're playing well because they haven't won a playoff game in 20 some years.  I mean, the fact that they haven't isn't my fault, but somebody has to be the whipping boy for all those years of frustration and I'd love to be that guy!"?

You have to look at from outside the bubble of being a Bengals fan.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think I know what might be really hindering this franchise. ( I might be wrong) - Whatever - 12-29-2018, 07:47 PM