Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I know what might be really hindering this franchise. ( I might be wrong)
(12-30-2018, 11:40 AM)Beaker Wrote: Okay, put about a hundred of those negative fan responses end to end or side by side and now you have a toxic and negative fan base, which is where we now stand. If you don't think that is part of the overall problematic culture around this team then you re just another one of the entitled masses who believe that everything that happens in this world is someone/something else's fault. Accept that fan toxicity is part of the problem and help change it rather than trying to justify it and keep it in place. Help change what you can control, not whine about what you cannot.

The toxicity level (fans) is only relative to the poison (team). As a science(?) teacher, you should know this. 

Were there complaints during the playoff run of '11-15'? Sure. But they were relatively small compared to right now. 

When the team shows seasonal competitiveness, there is support. When the team shows playoff competitiveness, there is more support. When the team shows SB competitiveness ('81, '88) there is ultra-support. It's a pretty simple formula to follow. 

You're wasting your time blaming any of the team's failings on the fans, as it's completely on the team as to how the fans react. Fans don't simply go from 100-0 at the first sign of drop off. It's a process that takes time. In this current case, it's the accumulation of losing over the last 3 seasons. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think I know what might be really hindering this franchise. ( I might be wrong) - rfaulk34 - 12-30-2018, 02:28 PM