Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I know what might be really hindering this franchise. ( I might be wrong)
(12-30-2018, 05:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Your way is not the only way and it's not better than someone else's way. It's your opinion. 

You may view me as someone who complains and must live, at least somewhat, miserably because of the way i react to the Bengals. If not you, it's certainly been stated by many on this board, of myself and others, who complain about the team.

Fact of the matter is, i'm 52 years old and my most recent blood work from my checkup shows that there is not one single thing i can do to noticeably improve my health. Literally. Triglycerides, LDL, overall cholesterol, blood pressure, resting heart rate, etc.etc.etc. Everything that they test falls in the middle of the accepted range for that test. I have no diseases, i haven't been sick in any way in at least 2 years, i go to the gym 3 times a week for 2 hrs each time. All of my bills are paid, up to date, i have a decent amount of money in the bank and a large amount of credit available. The wife and i each have a reliable car and a nice roof over our head along with all the amenities i need, directv, computers, laptops, phone, etc. etc. We get along great and rarely argue and when we do, we resolve it pretty quickly. Even though i lost one son 5 years ago, i still have one who lives in a house, has his own car, a college degree and a good job in the field of his degree and spends plenty of time with us. I have a large family on both my and my wife's side that we visit with on different occasions, holidays, birthdays, reunions, etc. I have a secure job that i love and am paid well for and i get along with everyone i work with. I'd claim that the reason i'm as healthy as i am is because i have very little stress in my life. When something bothers me i let it out, i don't try to force another emotion on it to compensate (that's not to say everyone does that. some people are naturally positive no matter the situation).  

All of that to say; don't judge people by what you see online and don't try to tell people your way is better. People that complain, even regularly and loudly, don't necessarily live miserable, empty lives. In my case, it's the opposite. 

I have to work pretty hard to find anything to complain about in my personal life. It just so happens that, the sports teams i root for give me plenty to complain about and since it does nothing to effect my personal life, i have no problem expressing those complaints.

Its nice that your life is going so well. But the topic was the air of toxicity. My way is the only way to reduce fans contribution to the negative air around the team. If you complain and whine you add to it, you do not reduce it. So its this simple, if you want to reduce the toxicity, reduce your complaining, if you don't care about it or want to maintain it, then keep up with the whining.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think I know what might be really hindering this franchise. ( I might be wrong) - Beaker - 12-31-2018, 01:57 AM