Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ML Gone! Fans Reaction Prediction Thread
(12-31-2018, 02:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd buy the injury excuse more if we didn't go 6-9-1 and 7-9 in the 2 years previous.

And for me it's a bit soon to say playoffs or "failed hire". There will be a lot of context provided over the next few months. Are we keeping Dalton? Starting fresh with new players? If we go 9-7 with a promising new QB - and just barely miss the playoffs - you would consider that a failed season despite the progress? I guess we'd differ there.

Also, I think it's funny to give the new guy 1 season to prove himself when Marvin missed the playoffs 9 times. I doubt you considered that a failed hire. I get that expectations were lower when Marv was hired, but we're pretty far removed from the team that made the playoffs 5 years in a row. I think many people (myself included sometimes) still see us as that playoff team. We're not.

I did not give ML anything, that was MB. I had the same expectations for ML in 2018 as I had in 2017 and 2016. I would argue so did you and other, if not, you would not have want him gone. In your minds, you felt ML had the talent to win.

Fast forward, unless they blow up the roster, that same healthy roster from 2018 will be inherited by the new HC. So, we will see if ML is the issue or if a lack of talent was the real issue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I am so ready for 2024 season. I love pro football and hoping for a great Bengals year. Regardless, always remember it is a game and entertainment. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ML Gone! Fans Reaction Prediction Thread - Luvnit2 - 12-31-2018, 02:10 PM
RE: ML Gone! Fans Reaction Prediction Thread - 34inXXIII - 12-31-2018, 02:43 PM
RE: ML Gone! Fans Reaction Prediction Thread - 34inXXIII - 12-31-2018, 03:12 PM