Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Give Coach Lewis Credit For 7 Play-Off Seasons.
(12-31-2018, 06:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You have me confused for someone else. I wouldn't call someone out for saying the season needs to end.

All I'm saying is that yes making the playoffs 7 times is good. But, it's nearly impossible to not manage to win 1 of those games. It's inconceivable. That's his legacy. He took us from the 90's which were horrible and atleast made us decent. But he failed at winning a single playoff game.

You can't really blame MB for that either as he had a good enough roster to make the playoffs.

My error.  That was others who blasted me yesterday for posting Bungles season finally coming to an end.  One guy posted several times saying I was trying to win Negative Poster Award.  So today on posting a nice farewell to Coach Lewis, I thought you were that same person, only now saying I'm too positive.  It wasn't you both times, my apology on that mistake.  So I'm glad that season over.  I've been a fan since 1968, so I lived through 1990's Bungles. Last 3 years have been pretty Bungle.  So the 5 straight play-off seasons were a franchise record. I know there were no play-off wins, but in saying Good Bye to Coach Lewis, I do give him credit for the play-off seasons.  2011 may have been his best coaching considering nobody expected play-offs with Carson and Chad gone. 

So Marvin gone. Reds and Bengals will have new Manager/ Head Coach and new players. As a long time Cincy Fan from 1960's, I hope both teams start moving from Last Place to First Place. These were needed coaching changes, both teams need changes. Go Bengals. Go Reds.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread