Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I know what might be really hindering this franchise. ( I might be wrong)
(01-02-2019, 09:03 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The first step to building a winning culture is to have a QB that truly changes the way a team plays (both yours and your opponent's).

When we get that, we may begin building a new culture.

It began to happen with Carson, but then injuries took hold.

It won't happen with Dalton because he's simply good, not great.

This is how the NFL works.

Elite QBs build franchises.

Palmer was good before injury but elite, he also played plenty of years after injury so it did not hold him back and look at his overall success as a QB, had had 1 playoff win in his 14 year career far removed from elite.  Finally you use the word elite way to broadly.  How many elite QBs really are there in a given decade... If you have 32 teams, really you are lucky to have 20 percent of those QBs be considered elite.  Not like the other 80 percent of teams is crop liver.  Todays game has changed, teams are going from basement to division title town the next year without elite QBs.. Maybe Dalton was held back by Marvin...We will really find out with Dalton with a new coach if he can move the needle.. Carson had 3/4 coaches I believe during his career and never did move the needle .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I think I know what might be really hindering this franchise. ( I might be wrong) - Essex Johnson - 01-02-2019, 01:56 PM