Poll: Any difference?
yes
no
yes, but only because I always have to disagree with Fred
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly, how much would your opinion change if Marvin had been 1-7
(01-04-2019, 01:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: Something that would have changed my feelings towards Marvin would have been if he could have turned the entire team around after the Austin fiasco, lead them into the playoffs and won it all, but of course that didn't happen. Instead they limped off to yet another losing record and the end of an era. 
I don't begrudge Marvin for what he accomplished or didn't accomplish. It's not AS IF head coaches are the guys who win games. They don't throw touchdown passes, they don't tackle running backs and they aren't the guys who miss tackles or throw interceptions. That stuff is on the players themselves and everyone knows it, but according to some all the responsibility falls on the head coach and to some degree that can be correct, but it's really viewing it all in a vacuum. It's kind of like blaming my grandfather for all my failures in life.
Marvin has been hamstrung since day one working for one Mike Brown. Sh*t flows downhill and a coach shouldn't have to absorb all the sh*t a team owner outputs... I seriously doubt any other head coach will find it any different under Brown. Blame grampa Brown.

I get that but in the same breath Brown isn't the one preparing the team, coming up with game plans, calling the plays, calling the timeouts, throwing the challenge flag, sending in this player, taking out that player, and on and on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Honestly, how much would your opinion change if Marvin had been 1-7 - bengalfan74 - 01-04-2019, 01:15 PM